5 Things about theYMCA
We all know that that exercise should be part of your self-care to do list. There are many ways that you can get some physical activity in your life. I wanted to visit the YMCA to see what they had to offer a family of 4. The young lady took me on a tour of the facility. She was able to show me where all the amenities were located and discuss the member benefits. There were 5 things that I loved about the YMCA, that I wanted to share.
- Free week pass: The YMCA gave me a free week pass for the family before committing to a membership. It gave me a chance to see if it would be a fit for my family. During this time, we were given a tour around the facility to get familiar on where everything was located.
- Membership Benefits: They have a full -court gymnasium, tennis courts, and a seasonal outdoor pool for those hot months. If you have kids, no problem. They offer child care while you work out for no additional cost. The membership includes a wellness orientation, two complimentary personal training sessions, and monthly nutrition coaching sessions. Unlimited Access to the fitness classes, weights, and cardio is included with this membership. The monthly fee is based on your income with no contract involved. I think this would be great, because things come up and you might have to cancel. This facility requires a 30-day notice. The great advantage with all the locations available in my area, I would be able to visit all of them.
- Hours– I love the hours of operation. There is really no excuse for anyone who wants to workout. The YMCA is open Monday-Sunday. The hours are not the same each day. The earliest time that they open during the week is 5:00 am, enough time for people that start work at 7:00 am. If you get off late during the week, no problem. Most YMCA stays open until 9:00 pm. This schedule is flexible for everyone, no matter what you have going on in your life. It’s all about what works for you at the time. They also have childcare available for parents with young children, but the hours and days vary.
- Classes– There are classes that are offered for the family. They have Soccer, Basketball, Volleyball, and Football for the youth. And, kickboxing, Pilates, yoga, and cycle for the adults. Well, the staff member did tell me that the older kids can attend some of the adult classes and use some of the gym equipment. There are morning, noon, and evening classes that were available.
- Customer Service-Let me just say that, the YMCA was a great atmosphere and the customer service was phenomenal. During this visit, the trainers were very helpful. They were walking around to see if anyone needed any help with the equipment. I did have a few problems getting started on the treadmill. There were so many buttons. I wasn’t sure which one was going to send me flying across the room, LOL. I appreciate all the help during the visit to the YMCA.
*The YMCA has some of the same equipment as a fitness gym. They have the treadmill, bikes, stair mills, stationary bikes, elliptical, rowers, bikes, and Jacob’s ladder, and much more. Click on the video below.
I hope this information was helpful. However, all YMCA facilities are different depending on where you go. Please make sure you ask for a free week pass for you and the family before signing up for a membership. Please visit your local YMCA today.
If you are a member of your local YMCA, what are some things that you like about it?